Aug 24, 2010

Mourning for MOCKINGJAY

What the heck is happening?

*looks around*

Really, wha--?

If you're reading Mockingjay, or if you have read it already, I envy you.
If you haven't, but you're literally going dizzy with want, come mourn with me. Cos I come from a distant land where it's not out yet. I should've moved countries for the day.

*WHALE-ISH WAIL*

Are you as deprived as I'm feeling right now?
I doubt there's been such a craze over a series finale since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (sorry, Stephenie Meyer!).
The Hunger Games trilogy is FREAKING, SCINTILLATINGLY AWESOME*.
Of course, if you haven't read it, you're absolutely insane (all offense meant). Unless you've been living under a rock, which is crazy anyway.

For those who are reading Mockingjay, what say you?
No spoilers, please, I'm just extremely curious.
Scintillate me much?

*There's no such word as 'Scintillatingly' btw, so don't go quoting me and blaming me for your grammar misuse.

9 comments:

My Life With Books - Jennifer K Jovus said...

where in the world do you live? I would be chomping too!

how much does it cost to mail from the us to you, cuz right now, I am feeling empathetic enough to send you a copy.

Bidisha said...

Ooh, will you?

Depends on the book weight. $15 max I think.
Will you?
*looks on expectantly*

Abby said...

I'm mourning because I forgot to reserve it at the library and now there's 250 holds on it. Woe is me.

My Life With Books - Jennifer K Jovus said...

HERE IS A MOCKINGJAY INTERNATIONAL CONTEST.

http://paperbackdolls.blogspot.com/2010/08/mockingjay-mega-giveaway.html

I will watch for more.

William Friskey said...

Steal it from the bookstore, Abby. Then, send then send Ms. Collins a check when you have the money. =)

www.williamfriskey.blogspot.com

Nomes said...

here is another international comp:

http://readingvacation.blogspot.com/2010/08/hunger-games-trilogy-giveaway.html

when will you be able to get it?

i went out yesterday to get it (it was tuesday and the 2 book shops i went to had never heard of it - i had to repeat the name suzanne collins twice while they went out to their back room. and nothing!

so weird seeing all the US buzz when no one in australia has even heard about it (only one person i know apart from my husband and me have read the forst ones - even though i keep offering to loan them out to friends...)

thinking of you

xx

and hoping i can get a copy soon too.

Bidisha said...

Abby ~ Ouch. Woe is me, too.

Kjovus and Nomes ~ Thanks a ton for the links!
And Nomes, I think I can get one in another 20 days or so, if the online bookstores ship it from the US. I rang all the bookstores, too, and they were clueless. My brother and I are going absolutely nuts.

Hope you get your copy too Xx

Lydia Kang said...

I still haven't read it yet...I have a stack of things to do before I crack open a new novel, but it's the next one on the list...

Jennie Bailey said...

Bee, if it makes you feel any better, I haven't cracked open my copy yet. I'm not allowed. Too much to do. We'll see if I make it through the weekend without reading it, though. I just know once I open it, I won't be putting it down!

Post a Comment

Drop me a line~ I love hearing what you have to say! :)

 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs