Jan 2, 2012

A New Year's Gift for the Blogstars!

The calender on my laptop screen says 2012. WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN? Year of the Apocalypse - ALREADY?

Also, I will be 22 this year. In about 7 months time. Sheesh, I'm getting old *clutches on to youthful self*

To be honest, I feel like this:

But for the sake of this being the time-of-the-year-to-spread-cheer, I'll push aside the cynic to quote Oprah:


For all that the last year has given me and taken away from me, I'm thankful for one thing.
I'm thankful for you.
Yes, YOU guys. My blogstars.
This blog wouldn't have been anywhere, if you guys hadn't stuck around with me. I could have rambled on and on with no followers or readers and then I'd have gotten bored of..well, just talking to myself (I mean, I can do that in my room. I don't need a blog for that), so I guess I'd mope about, secretly listening to emo music and occasionally crying out 'Woe is me. Nobody wants to listen to me. Nobody cares.' And then eventually I'd have left blogosphere. 
Now THAT would have been terrible for me. Because, honestly, belonging to this blogging world has made me a better writer AND reader. Don't ask me how, but it has. Maybe it's just your awesomeness rubbing off on me.

So.
I'm celebrating.

Not in a big way, cause big celebrations call for a lot of money, which I don't have (what with me being a poor university student and all that), but celebrating, nevertheless. I'm giving away an e-ARC of Kelley York's HUSHED. Yeah, that book I gushed about in December. This is how it looked like. Remember?


If you don't know the book I'm talking about, click on the links above. There's plenty to make you want to read it ;)

There are two requirements to enter:
1. Be a follower - because, really, this is a thank you of sorts to my followers who really are the blogstars.
2. Be a blogger - because they are awesome. And they have made my stay here, awesome. So, I'm sorry non-bloggers, this is only for the blogger folks.

There are a few ways to earn extra entries, too, but that's up to you. I won't love you less if you don't go that way, but it is appreciated. Also, like all giveaways on this blog, this is open to everyone with a valid email address :)

You'll find the form at the end of the post.

Anyway. Now that that's out of way, I've been thinking a lot about wishes and goals for 2012. I mean, every year I go, 'Oh dear lord, please, PLEASE, see that I get published this year' - it's kind of become the usual thing. Of course, I still want that. Will always want that more than anything else. As much as I want to go to New York. Or get a beach house. Or marry Tom Felton. You know the drill. This time, though, I'm not really expecting anything specific. I just want this to be a really good, unforgettable year. 
This is what I want out of 2012.


This year I want to be surprised. With good, magical things.

What about you?
Have a good year, folks! :)

14 comments:

Colene Murphy said...

Lovely! Yes. We're all going to die this year. Ah well. Wonderful to have you in this bloggy world! ;)

Rida said...

Oh, Bee! Let's both hope for an unforgettable year. And Tom Felton. We cannot forget about the magical blond boy.

I want to go to New York, too. And get published. And like, every single thing on your list. WE ARE TWINS, OBVIOUSLY.

Also, you're getting so OLD! *sobs*

Here's to an amazing year. *raises glass of apple juice* WE'LL DO IT, BEE. We'll achieve everything we want to and more. *hugs*

Emily R. King said...

Ha! So funny. The first picture made me laugh, hard. Best wishes to you in 2012! And thanks for the great giveaway!

Komal Kant said...

This year the main focus is getting my manuscript shiny and polished and finding an agent.

Thanks for the giveaway!

Anonymous said...

I swear I couldn't find the comment section for like two whole minutes which had me scrunching my face like I had bitten a lemon (or...I guess you could call it my perturbed look). Anyway, I have a point, I swear (I always do), I like how you just want 2012 to be a good year. I hear ya and echo it with a hope that there's less of the disasters that seemed to dot 2011's landscape a bloody red. Let's hope we write wonderful stories, listen to songs in languages we don't really know and grow both as people and writers. That way we will be a step closer to taking over the world. ;)

Candace said...

You think your old now... wait until you hit 30. Geez that one was hard for me!
So glad you stuck with blogging! I'm always happy when you stop by and leave your awesome comments and I'm always eager to return the favor!
Happy New Year!

Wendy Darling said...

Aw, happy 2012 Bee! Already have a copy of HUSHED (which I haven't read yet, shhh!) but just wanted to say congrats on sticking it out with the blog. :) 2013 will be here before you know it.

Stina said...

I love that last photo. That's going to be my new motto: 2012 Surprise me!

Maybe I should be a little more specific and ask it to surprise me in an awesome (not abysmal) way.

Ghenet Myrthil said...

I hope to be surprised this year too. :) Happy 2012!

Anonymous said...

That first pic is so funny.

I hope you have an awesome 2012.

After all the gushing I've been reading, I'm in the possession of Hushed.

Angie said...

Loved Hushed!! Hope you have a good year ahead of you!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Good idea about the New Year. i'd like to be surprised by it too, but in a GOOD way. And hey, i'll be 22 this year as well. That sounds so weird to me. I don't feel (or usually look even lol) 22. It's all good though.

and I do love the blogging world. It's not always easy, and sometimes I DO wonder why I still do it, but overall, it would be weird not to be part of it, sharing my random thoughts. And I think the blogging world has given me many great books to read and definitely seems to be making me a better writer in some ways.

-Lauren

Christa Desir said...

22...eesh, you're a baby. And good job passing HUSHED along. So very pleased. :)

Muhammad Atif said...

This blog wouldn't have been anywhere, if you guys hadn't stuck around with me Send gifts to Pakistan from UK.

Post a Comment

Drop me a line~ I love hearing what you have to say! :)

 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs With Pictures from Pinkparis1233
Use Your Imagination Designs